The Evoluent Reduced Reach has a more sensible layout with the number pad located on the left side. This positioning allows your mouse to be positioned closer to the keyboard, reduces reaching and provides a more relaxed arm position by allowing your mouse to be directly in front of your shoulder. The Enter, Del, PgUp, PgDn and arrow navigation keys are duplicated on both sides for easier access with either hand. Dedicated Windows shortcut keys are accessed with one touch.
Think about it… the general layout of the standard keyboard was designed before the introduction of the mouse. Since number entry was one of the primary functions of keyboards at that time, having the numeric keypad on the right side made sense. Nowadays, most users use the mouse far more than the numeric keypad, so the keypad now occupies the space where the mouse should be.
Other Features and Benefits:
- Full size arrows, Del, F keys, Ctrl, Alt, Page Up, Page Down, Home and End keys.
- Tactile bumps on often used keys such as Ctrl, Del, Home, Page Down and down arrows to aid operation by touch.
- High quality scissor key mechanisms with crisp action and no key cap wobble.
▪ Part number: R3K
▪ Connectivity: Wired USB
▪ Dimensions: Width – 15.9″ / 40.3 cm, Depth – 6.7″ / 17.1 cm, Height – 0.8″ / 2.0 cm, Weight – 24.8 oz / 704 g
▪ Compatibility: Windows, Unix, Linux and others that recognize the Num Lock key. Not compatible with Mac. The top row of shortcut keys only work in Windows. No driver download necessary.
Evoluent ™ Reduced Reach Right-Hand Keyboard
- Brand: Evoluent
- Product Code: R3K
- Availability: Pre-Order